Kitten Milk Replacer
Optimal balance of protein for healthy muscle, bone and brain development.
Formulation containing bovine colostrum and coconut oil to support the immune system.
Prebiotics and probiotics that contribute to the health of your kitten’s intestinal tract and the efficient absorption of nutrients.
Whey protein concentrate, pork fat, coconut oil, bovine
colostrum, dicalcium phosphate, lecithin, mono- and di-glycerides, DL-methionine, calcium carbonate, L-tryptophan, L-lysine, taurine, β-glucans, mannan-oligosaccharides, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus subtilis, vanilla flavour, vitamin A supplement, thiamine hydrochloride, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, ascorbic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, silica, choline chloride, niacin, biotin, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, zinc oxide, folic acid, cobalt sulfate.
- Using the scoop provided, mix 2 ½ flat scoops of milk replacer with 4 scoops (60 ml) of hot (60 °C) water. Mix thoroughly for 30 seconds, or until well incorporated.
- Allow milk replacer to cool slightly, feeding at body temperature (38 °C). Reconstituted kitten milk replacer may be refrigerated for up to 24 hours in a clean, sealable container.
- Use the feeding guide below, adjusting when necessary for kitten size and growth. Frequent feedings will prevent digestive upsets, and provide a sustained energy source for the kitten(s). Weighing the kitten(s) regularly is a useful guide to ensure enough milk is being offered.
- At 3 weeks old, kittens may be taught to drink from a saucer, and at 4 weeks of age, weaning can occur. To successfully wean a kitten, slowly decrease the amount of milk-fed over 3-5 days, meanwhile offering moist kitten food. Reconstituted kitten milk replacer may be mixed into moist food if the kitten is slow to wean, or needs supplemental nutrition.
- Fresh water should always be available to kittens.
|AGE (IN DAYS)||FEEDING FREQUENCY (TIMES/DAY)||AMOUNT PER FEEDING||TOTAL DAILY AMOUNT|
|1-7||10||3 ml||30 ml|
|8-14||10||5 ml||50 ml|
|15-21||8||10 ml||80 ml|
|22-28||6||17.5 ml||105 ml|
|29-42||3-4||35 ml||105-140 ml|
|Crude protein min.||33.0%|
|Crude fat min.||35.0%|
|Crude fiber max.||0.15%|
|Taurine min.||500 mg/kg|
|Calorie content (ME calculated).||450 kcal/100 g|